Our 8th Annual Advocacy Day was held virtually on April 22, 2020. Click here or the image below to watch the recording of the webinar! Learn more about the guest speakers, important bills, and more below.
- 9:00-9:15am Introduction, Rosa Beltré, Executive Director, OAESV
- 9:15-9:30am Keynote Representative Emilia Strong Sykes, Minority Party Leader Ohio House of Representatives
- 9:30-9:40am Representative Laura Lanese
- 9:40-9:45am Ryn Farmer, Director of Day One of Crime Victim Services
- 9:45-10:00am Senator Nickie Antonio
- 10:00-10:30am Representatives Scott Lipps and Brigid Kelly, Co-Sponsors of Erin’s Law
- 10:30-10:45am Keynote Lynn Rosenthal, President of Center for Family Safety and Healing of Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- 10:45-11:00am Thank you and technical questions with Camille Crary, Director of Legal Services and Policy, OAESV, Closing from Rosa Beltré
Everything You Need for Advocacy Day
All attendees, please download the documents below prior to the Advocacy Day webinar and meetings, or come back and access these links during the program:
- Senate Bill 28: Increase Penalty for Violating Protection Order
- Advocate Privilege Bill
- Erin's Law
- Ending the Statute of Limitations
- State of Rape Crisis Funding
- For Meetings with Legislators
Click here to download a zip file containing all of the above documents.
Why Virtual Advocacy Day Is So Important
Lobbying firms representing an array of interests are still meeting with lawmakers. It is important to maintain our communications with our representatives and senators, so that when they come back from this unexpected break, they keep survivors and rape crisis programs in mind with further crisis planning, future budgets, and legislative efforts.
Questions? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org!