People who are or have experienced sexual violence may be experiencing increased isolation and danger caused by social distancing measures during the Coronavirus pandemic. Survivors often have specific needs around safety, health, and confidentiality. We also realize that communities most-impacted by sexual violence are facing additional challenges during this unprecedented time. We have compiled resources and tools for sexual violence service providers, who are working tirelessly to respond in ways that are safe and supportive for all.
We are updating these resources continuously. If you have information to share, please contact the Resource & Communications Coordinator, Jenn Eidemiller at email@example.com, with the subject line “COVID Support.”
For additional support or program technical assistance please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call OAESV Resource Line (888) 886-8388 Toll-Free.
Includes factsheets and information on recently COVID-related Ohio and Federal policies and guidance.
Includes information for Ohio Sexual Violence Service Providers on updating their policies and procedures to ensure the safety and sustainability of their services.
Best practice guidelines and support for mobile advocacy and virtual services.
OAESV recorded Hospital Advocacy Webinar and resources for advocates and hospital staff serving sexual violence survivors.
Statewide legal and court updates impacting survivors of sexual violence and safety planning.
Multi-lingual resources on coronavirus, resources and safety planning for socially isolated survivors.
Upcoming OAESV Webinars and Training - click here
- Rape Crisis Centers: Meeting the Needs of Survivors During COVID-19 (Raliance - featuring OAESV ED) Apr 9, 2020, 03:30 PM
- Let’s Connect: Sexual and Intimate Partner Violence Prevention During a Pandemic, Prevent Connect, April 7, 3:30 ET
- Moving at the Speed of Trust: Disability Justice and Transformative Justice, Apr 10, 2020, 4:00 pm, Online Event, bcrw.barnard.edu
- IT Staff: Privacy Matters, Working Remotely (ASL Interpretation provided) - NNEDV
- National Strategy Session on Sustaining Services for Survivors with Disabilities
- Using Technology to Communicate with Survivors - NNEDV
- Telecounseling 101 - CCASA
- Additional Books and Documentaries on sale during Public Health Crisis
- Legal Advocacy for Survivors During Social Distancing - OAESV
- Shifting Hospital Advocacy During COVID-19 - OAESV (Recording)